Please carefully read this document before submitting any information to or using the Services.
1. About Combyne
How Combyne stores, uses, and protects crop marketing related data is defined and explained in Combyne’s Data Use Policy.
2. General Privacy Rights
“Personal Information” can have different meanings in different jurisdictions where the Services are used. In general, Personal Information means any information that identifies or can be used to identify users of the Services, including such information as name, address, phone number, and email address.
3. Information Combyne Collects
Combyne may collect the following Personal Information:
- Information you provide to us. You may provide Personal Information to us when you use the Services, including when you create an account, respond to a survey, subscribe to a newsletter, or use any other services, features, or resources available through the Services.
In order to fully use the Services, you must provide your name, location, and email address.
- Information we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we may collect certain device and technical usage-related information, including browser name, type of computer or phone, means of connection to the Services, the operating system, your IP address, your internet service provider, and other similar information. We also may collect computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Websites, and your personal Services preferences.
In order to serve our users better, we employ “cookies” to track access to various parts of the Services. A “cookie” is defined as a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to permit it to observe your use of the website. We use this information to measure the performance of our Websites and Apps, and to enhance and personalize our Services.
Users can choose not to provide certain Personal Information by disabling cookies, but this may prevent the user from engaging fully with the use of Services. Specifically, if your cookie option is disabled, you might not be able to access and fully use the Apps. Enabling these cookies is at your sole discretion.
4. Why Combyne Collects Personal Information
Combyne may use the Personal Information we collect for the following reasons:
- Allow you to register as a Combyne user.
- Provide the Services. Personalize your user experience by delivering relevant content and product offerings based on your location and other information.
- Send you notifications. Inform you of newly posted content, status of processed documents, and new features within the Services that may be relevant to you.
- Communicate with you about your account. Combyne may contact you if there are any problems with the Services or content you have uploaded.
- Provide customer support. Help troubleshoot problems or resolve disputes, or to contact you following correspondence via live chat, email, or phone.
- Improve the Services. Perform research and analysis for our business purposes, including administration of surveys, anonymized tracking of interactions with various screens and features within the Services, and use of specialized analytics solutions, including UXCam, Hotjar, and Amplitude. None of our analytics solution providers collect Personal Information nor do they track your browsing habits across apps. Any information collected by these solution providers is strictly used for our own internal business purposes of improving the Services.
- Collect fees associated with the Services. Combyne captures and shares credit card and related billing information with third-party payment processors to allow users to pay for Services.
- Promote other Services.
- Keep the Services protected from abuse of exploitation.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and court orders.
5. Who Combyne May Disclose your Personal Information To
For the Services to function as intended, Combyne will disclose your Personal Information, as needed, to:
- Third-party service providers. To provide our Services, we may disclose your information to third parties that we work with to perform administrative or other business services, like bookkeeping or auditing. This disclosure is always shared on a confidential basis between Combyne and the third-party service providers we hire to provide us with these services.
- Companies that acquire the assets of Combyne. If Combyne (or substantially all our assets) is acquired, Personal Information in our control may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law. Should Combyne sell the Services to another company, you will be provided notice and allowed to delete or remove your Data (as defined in our Ag Data Use Policy) after the sale.
- Any required law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, or court. When we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Combyne takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. Combyne uses appropriate data collection, storage, management practices, and security procedures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, addition, deletion, disclosure, or destruction of a user’s Personal Information, username, email address, password, transaction information, and any other data stored by Combyne. Confidential and privileged data exchange between the Websites and Apps and its users occurs over a secured communication channel and is programmed, encrypted, and protected with digital signatures.
Combyne stores all its data, including Personal Information, on servers located in Canada and the United States. By submitting information, you agree to this transfer, storing, and processing of such data in Canada and the U.S. You agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in those countries under lawful access regimes or court order.
7. Your Data Protection Rights
- Access. You have the right to access, correct, and update the Personal Information we collect and hold about you. If at any time you would like to access or change your details, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this document.
- Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of Personal Information. The process by which Combyne deletes your Data, including Personal Information, is described in our Ag Data Use Policy.
8. User Acceptance
10. DMCA Notice
For claims of copyright infringement, please email email@example.com. Combyne will terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly violate copyrights.
11. Privacy Rights of Children
Combyne does not knowingly solicit, collect, or store the Personal Information of children under the age of 16. Please do not submit any Personal Information of a child under the age of 16 to Combyne. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Services or submit Personal Information to Combyne. Combyne will delete any Personal Information discovered of any child under the age of 16.
How to Contact Us
Suite 200, 160 Quarry Park Blvd
Calgary, AB, Canada
© Combyne Ag. All Rights Reserved 2023.